Swan Island Trades Center
The Swan Island Trades Center is a 20,000-square-foot facility housing the college’s Apprenticeship and Trades department (Facilities Maintenance Technology – HVAC/R, Electrical Trades/Apprenticeship and Fiber Optics). The Center and nearby Cascade Campus, along with expertise from PCC’s CLIMB Center, coordinate continuing education, training, retraining and professional development for Swan Island businesses at this location.
Offered at Swan Island are the Facilities Maintenance Technology two-year degree; Facilities Maintenance Technology and HVAC Installers certificates; Millwright, Industrial Mechanics, Limited Maintenance Electrician, Manufacturing Plant Electrician and Stationary Engineer apprenticeships; and the Limited Building Maintenance Electrician training program. The nearby Maritime Welding Training Center also offers a variety of?Welding Technology options.
PCC bought the former Oregon Motor Pool Facility in 2010 with a vision of creating a trades facility within the industrial core of Swan Island to meet the needs of the businesses in the area. In 2012, the State Legislature authorized $1 million to go towards construction of the PCC center in addition to the $7.3 million earmarked from PCC’s 2008 voter-approved $374 million bond.
Swan Island news
- PCC Innovates Training And Support
- January 8, 2024
- From transportation and housing to digital resources and food pantries, PCC is creating a basic needs support structure for all students
- Mobile Welding Center Ignites Excitement
- October 19, 2023
- This donated trailer extends the reach of PCC’s skilled trades training programs by bringing the welding classroom to communities across the region
- Hundreds of Students Flock to OMIC
- October 9, 2023
- PCC's Manufacturing Day at the OMIC Training Center inspired the region's future innovators with hands-on experiences
- View more Swan Island news...